Our client is a family owned business manufacturing high quality value added meat products together with operating a retail fine food delicatessen. They have been operating for nearly 70 years. As part of their expansion of the business they’re appointing a Production Manager for their manufacturing division. Our client is based just west of Brisbane away from Brisbane peak hour traffic.
Reporting to the Managing Director the Production Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing sound manufacturing practises and processes to support the overall business strategy. You will provide guidance and input in the areas of labour, manufacturing and culture.Responsibilities for the position will include but not limited to:
- Managing the manufacturing division of the business from raw materials to despatch.
- Actively developing and implementing the company culture, strategy and direction.
- Design and develop an efficient and effective production system.
- Provide appropriate reporting feedback on the manufacturing division to the MD.
- Develop and monitor critical control points for ensuring the smooth running of the manufacturing division.
- Organise staffing for manufacturing and liaise with the retail division to ensure overall staff coverage
- Ensure properly trained staff are always available in manufacturing
- Adopt a hands-on approach if required when your staff are absent
- Be on call for any emergency, including breakdowns
- Be responsible for maintenance of the site
- Be responsible for the QC and QA operations of the manufacturing operation
- Be responsible for the operation of the manufacturing division to optimise throughputs and meet standard costings
- Manage the manufacturing team communications