Our client is a manufacturing company located at Coopers Plains. They are currently seeking a company accountant to join their team.
This role supports the managing director by ensuring the integrity of financial controls, accurate and timely production of the monthly financial accounts with provision of commentary and analysis.
A primary function of the role is to ensure prescribed financial reporting deadlines are always met and high-quality information is provided to business managers.Responsibilities in this role include but not limited to:
- Managing monthly, quarterly and year end reporting in accordance to company and accounting standards
- Oversee and action preparation journals and ledgers
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance
- Costing analysis
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Preparation of GST, FBT, Payroll and Corporate Income Tax returns
- Payroll preparation and posting
- Annual budget preparation and forecasting
- AP/ AR preparation
- Checking of vendors invoices for accuracy
- Manage annual stocktake
- Liaising with external auditors