Our client is the peak industry body for the hotel sector in Queensland. They are a membership-based Industry Association comprising of hotels, resorts and accommodation businesses. A Registered Training Organisation (RTO), they deliver accredited and non-accredited short courses to members of the wider hospitality industry.
The Training and Safety Department seeks a professional Training Coordinator on a permanent part-time (9:00am - 2:30pm Monday- Friday, 25hrs per week) basis to join their team. This role is a key position in the delivery of industry training to their members situated throughout Queensland:
1. Organisation: Administering and coordinating training courses on behalf of the Association.
2. Knowledge: Having the ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of a range of accredited and non-accredited hospitality, liquor and gaming industry training courses within the operations of an RTO.
3. Communications: Having excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Teamwork: Developing and working with a dynamic organisational network and contributing to their training outcomes.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate their training program including processing telephone bookings and enquiries, and via other means (online, email etc)
- Liaise with the Training and Safety Manager, Industry Trainers, customers and other relevant parties to set training calendars, establish course venues, and promote and market our training products
- Maintain effective student database management systems which meet the requirements of AQTF/AVETMISS standards
- Collect, compile and report results of evaluation, attendance, completion results and certification to recipients
- Provide administrative support to the training program and other general office duties including telephonist overflow as required